Bienvenue....
Nous sommes en France......
We awoke this morning to the sight of these small tenders busily ferrying people back and forth to the mainland.... people heading on to Nice, Monaco, Monte Carlo and Eze....
We thought about it.... but decided not to have too taxing a day and to just wander round this little village or town closest to the ship.... it would have been lovely to travel to Monaco or Monte Carlo but .....
...today was going to be a beach day...
And so.. we ended up in Villefrance..
Guess who was first off the boat..!!
Les filles et un petit garcon...
This was such a pretty little village to stroll round... As we got off the boat there were lots of little stalls, selling things like jewellery, candles, sarongs, nice little crafts etc. There were lots of little kerbside restaurants and cafes and very narrow streets sporting many small clothes shops....
Alex & Darrelle waiting for 'Dad' to buy himself a shirt...
A short walk away found us at a lovely sandy beach...and our guys could not wait to get into the water...the ship in the back ground shows how close it came to shore....These guys came ashore also!!!
Elena covering herself in sand... I loved this sand... you ended up leaving it behind on the beach when you were leaving not like usual when it gets everywhere...
Darrelle was lifeguard for our two non-swimmers!!!
Alex's turn...
Anything Elena does is fun for me to do too....
Declan decided to treat Darrelle to a dress after he saw her browsing on our way to the beach and because she has been so good at not asking for things... She was delighted and the 'girls' left them to make their own way back to the ship and we hit the shops... Of course I was only there to carry the bags as the word 'petite' does not come from France without good reason!!! I had to get my pleasure from watching my daughter try on some lovely clothes :) :(
What a picturesque place..
We had a really lovely day, very relaxing and were so glad that we had decided not to venture any further...
Definitely not teachers that own this!!!!!
I love this girl! Am soo glad that she enjoyed her holiday so much... She is the least demanding of all our children and it was so nice to see her have a really good time...
And just in case you think we escaped the photographer tonight... here we are again...
You can't beat the 'ol black and white.... hides a multitude!!
Me, Myself, I..
Thanks Dec.. We had a great holiday....



























4 comments:
Love the village and what romantic pictures of you and Declan.....so nice to see.
Oh, for a moment there I got upset that you didn't address Declan when you mentioned petit fille and un petit garcon....said to myself....what about the grande homme....then I realized that it was for the following picture. Ha
Glad you took such great memories.
Just returned from fireworks in Disney....will post in FB tomorrow. It was just beautiful, true to Disney style.
Sandy
Glad you all had such a great time. You really deserve it!Looking forward to hearing all about it Darrelle. A very photogenic bunch indeed xxx
Love the photos - you all good great. Adrienne, I love your smile. It is so contagious - you always look like you are having such a good time - I want to be there too!!
One day we will meet, either here in Canada your birth place or Ireland - mine!
Can't wait Mary.... all going well will meet in Sept or October!!
Thanks for all your comments...Ha! Was not all smooth sailing...Just did not post the photos or publish the stories of the 'hard times'...!!! Maybe I should:))
Saw your photos of Kazapalooza.. loved them...left you lots of comments... Now I am envious!! Glad ye had a great time... do you think I could get Darrelle to cancel her Junior Cert so that we could go to Florida next year?!!!
Post a Comment