Thursday, July 1, 2010

All at Sea:)

Today was ‘Get to Know Your Way Round The Ship Day’…..There is just so much to do and so much to see that you can’t get round to everything.. and I had to pull myself up and remind myself that I was on holiday and did not need to do ANY of these things as it was really stressing me out wondering ‘Where we should be’, ‘Did we sign up for this?’ , ‘Have we made dinner reservations ?’ etc…. so I officially began to wind down from getting ‘wound-up’!!!!
Funny to be on a cruise and for it to be kinda cold…. We did go up on deck for a while…It was quite warm in the morning and then began to get cloudy and quite cool…
Darrelle met up with some likeminded teens in the pool so she disappeared to get to know them and we took turns entertaining the little ones… still non-swimmers I’m afraid…. Will definitely rectify that this coming year… Did I say that last year?!!!!
Tonight was a formal dining night and everywhere we go there seems to be someone with a camera waiting to take our photo….so my usual plan of being behind the camera has been thwarted :(…so we scrubbed up as best we could and tried to look nice for the camera!!!  Are meeting lots of interesting people each night at dinner…
Two sisters ready to dine!
Yes, the shoes are high but she is very close to passing out her Dad in the height stakes and left me behind a while back…. Says she wants to make 5’ 8” or 5’ 9”…. She will hardly do that but is already over 5’ 7” so who knows how much more growing she has to do.!! Darrelle is loving her new ‘eyetacts’!!! She has mastered putting in and taking out the lenses and I don’t know how she is going to go back to wearing her glasses part-time when we get home!!!
OK – even I got dressed up for this….and Elena  had to sneak into the photo!!

Our three gifts:)!!!
Still smiling!!
Wherever the camera was Elena had to be in front of it!!!  Trying to steal poor Alex's thunder!
Even wild girls need some downtime!!
Elena, at end of Day 2…..taken not long after her 'siesta' in previous picture...This is when I wanted her to be getting sleepy as it was bedtime....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful family pictures. It looks like you had a wonderful time. Hope you have great memories.

Sandy