Monday, March 30, 2009

Disney Photos!

Day 1 of Disney..... So much to do we did not know where to start.... Elena soon narrowed down the choice by deciding that she did not want to go on certain things because she was 'too scared... A little peptalk and some 'gentle' persuasion was needed from 'she who knows her best'!!!! And of course I was right - once she gets over her fear she always becomes the biggest fan of whatever it was that was 'soo scary' previous... Remember the 'moving stairs'... Now I cannot go into town without her wanting to visit the shop with the 'moving stairs'...
So, as I became Elena's security blanket we tried the 'Speedway track'... We lost sight of Alex and his co-pilot Declan and both Elena and I both loved the car racing.....As we were coming to an end I started thinking of 'Where did Declan and Alex go?' Looking ahead I got my answer when a very chuffed little face started shouting 'Look at me Mom'!!!! Click to enlarge!

Equally chuffed was this girl when she received her licence!!

Darrelle was sooo patient for almost the entire trip... it is difficult when you have a toddler, a 5 yr old and then on the other hand a 12 year old who wants to ride the scariest rides, tallest rollercoaster, most haunted mansion etc.... We were conscious of that and tried to cater for everyone... Not easy when both Declan and I were more comfortable with Elena's choices than Darrelle's.... Funnily I used to be just as comfortable as Darrelle on the white knuckle rides etc but Mum reckons that my jumping out of an aeroplane with a parachute 17 years ago was the undoing of me.... No longer was I available to go up on the roof and clean the chimney for her !!!!! We both did brave it a few times with her and we were thankful when Sandy came to our rescue later on in the week!!! But Darrelle was a gem and had a great time although I know it would have been much better fun if she had a friend or someone closer in age to her....

Everything was bigger in Florida and Elena has a knack of going to the person who won't say No!!!!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Accidental Mommy said...

oh my goodness- so CUTE!!!