Tuesday, August 24, 2010

School around the corner!!

Who needs a clock or a calendar?!
When this plant flowers in our garden it is a sign that summer is drawing to a close and that the school year is about to start....
I love the montbretia...it reminds me of all the years I drove to the Kerry Gaeltacht in August 'agus go raibh siad le feiceáil go fluirseach ar thaobh na bóithre'.. I loved seeing them growing wild on the sides of the road.. they were everywhere and so colourful and I determined to have them growing in the garden of our new house when the time would come...
Little did I know that it would become bittersweet as it would herald the end of our holidays and have us looking forward towards school 'days' or might I be saying this year school 'daze' as I attempt to juggle full time school with full time home!!!
It has been such a busy summer that I have not had a chance to upload many of the photos I have taken or to document many of the trips we have gone on to try and catch up with old friends and not so old frends!!... It was great to get a chance to connect and I was sorry that there were still so many I would like to have seen but did not get a chance to.... should have been a secondary school teacher than maybe I could have started a month earlier!!!:))..
Shall try to sneak in a few updates before I attempt to start my school year planning!!!

2 comments:

Ginny said...

The school year is here for us as well. One more day and then 2nd grade and kindergarten. It doesn't seem possible that Riley is starting 2nd grade.
I didn't get 1/2 wanted I to done this summer but I am ready to get back to the schedule and routine of the school year.

Anonymous said...

Thata girl! Don't give in, give it another bash, God loves a trier. Mol an óige agus tiocfaidh sí.
slán/A.