If you have not read the previous post please do first :
This was Alex's version of 'Santa on the PNP'....
Click here to watch it:
http://portablenorthpole.tv/watch/0e6cbb8466ce6fc4b168ed1860ae317b
Likewise we had Darrelle set up her camera to record Alex's reaction to Santa... He sat and watched and listened and continually checked over with us for reassurance and to see what our reaction was.... yet he never moved.. and you will note his shy little smile as he listened to Santa...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bfeFJGelsc
When Santa had finished he had to come over for a hug so we did not get too much feedback from him....!!!! Alex always does this when he is a little unsure and out of his depth... he goes real quiet and 'waits it out'!!! Funny little guy...
Now this has been a royal pain to try and get the videos to upload to blogger so had to go round in many circles to achieve this... am afraid to check the posts now incase they did not 'take'......
Gotta rush... In keeping with the Santa theme we are all off to visit Santa in the Aillwee Caves..... the kids are leaving school early... the roads were so bad this morning that my principal called me and said 'Don't even think of trying to get here.. Stay put!' (Hence finally getting to post this!).. Elena got wind that we were going to visit Santa today.. confided to her childminder that she thought that Mam and Dad were arranging to bring her to Lapland!!!??' Hope she won't be too disappointed... When I heard this I reiterated to her that on Monday she would have to leave school early as she had to get the swine flu vaccine... and I would write her a note.... That should take care of any disappointment over not going to Lapland... Aillwee Caves has to be a better option than the swine flu jab:))... We wanted Darrelle to come with us to see the little ones' reactions and she was quite willing so she also had to get a note... I asked her should I put down to 'please allow Darrelle to leave school early on Monday as she is going to visit Santa!!??!!' didn't bother her!!:))
Costa Rica-- Our Last Day in Alajuela
8 years ago

2 comments:
Adrienne,
I am JEALOUS. I wish could be with you at Ailwee. I will be with you in spirit.
Love to all,
Maura
Hi Adrienne
Got in to blog but closed by accident so posting a comment by email, Watched the Alex video, he is so cute, so serious and overwhelmed, just adorable. I did it for my nephews and they loved it too, especially as Peter who is seven had come home that day saying that he didn't believe in Santa cos an Indian boy in his class said it was his parents
I hadn't heard about your ordeal in the car. Very frightening for you. I had seen the photos in your email. It was a good way to catch up on everything... your house looks fantastic by the way ..Love Cora
Post a Comment