Monday, December 29, 2008

And Some Christmas Mishaps!!!

And just in case you think that everything ran smoothly all through Christmas Day... Not so!


First mishap was early Christmas morning when the little guys (and some bigger guys!) were heading into our 'quiet room' to see what Santa had brought.... I had run back to get my camera and was trying to get in in front of them so that I could capture the faces as they saw their presents....





Well, bear in mind that it was still dark coupled with the fact that there was a little table in the centre of the room see above...(it is new, had been bought for Alex's train set) but we had used it the night before for finger food and it was still there. Well, I came at speed and took flight over the table and here is the damage.....



There are other parts equally bruised but as even the new updated Picasa 3 has not yet introduced a means of airbrushing and liposuction I have declined to post those photos!!!!




The next mishap was a little less painful...... we are not sure who to blame for this one!!!


Grandma Eileen always makes a fabulous Christmas pudding and this year she decided she needed to bring down two. She normally steams it in a saucepan while we are eating Christmas dinner but us know-it-alls decided to go hi-tech this year and put it in our new steam oven, of which we have not read the booklet yet! So chancing my arm (not the bruised one!!!) I put in the two puddings in their containers and came back to the table and announced to anyone who was listening did they think 180 degrees celius was too high. My commis chef for the day Maureen announced 'Well, it won't burn anyway'... Famous last words




Ever vigilant Elena, who keeps an eye on candles, fires, oven switches, etc, came and asked what was the smell from the oven...
Once again I moved fast and here is the damage.....




Would you believe we chanced eating them and they were as delicious as every other year...

~ came clear away from the plastic and Eileen said she will only bake another Christmas Pudding for us next year on replacement of her containers!!!!!

Next year back to the old method with the saucepan on the hob!!



1 comment:

keoghclan said...

Belated Happy Christmas!! I tried to post on your blog last night but it does not like me (and it was a very witty post too!! :-)

I understand Christmas was hard, to be expected and the feelings were the same this side of the ocean missing my Dad and thinking of past Christmas's.

Holidays can be hard (especially the first)