Monday, May 31, 2010

Wrapping-up time...

Well, May is also the month that all the extra-curricular activities began to ease off and while Darrelle is still awaiting her violin Grade 6 exam this Thursday Elena has hung up her violin, figuratively speaking only,  having completed one term.... It is hard to say how she is doing.. but suffice it to say on a maturity note we could not have started any sooner....makes you wonder about people starting their little ones when they are 3....On the other hand she likes it, picks it up often, does her own thing, regardless of what Danette has told her about using the entire bow, etc and is doing quite a good rendition of 'Twinkle, twinkle'... If I can only figure out how to post video now that Blogger has introduced a new way , which am sure is very simple if I could only work out how to do it...I could give you the aural version as well as the visual....
Both Declan and I sit in on her lesson on alternate weeks and many times I will put my head in my hands while Danette tries to get Elena to do something or other while smiling across at me....her finest moment to date in the small music room was two weeks ago while still basking in the glow of having won a medal for gymnastics in the Community games she proceeded to execute a perfect cartwheel while poor Danette was attempting to tune her violin wiht the piano.... Head in hands again for mother!!!! In spite of all Danette loves her and says she is doing very well... Another gymnastics video on the way once I work it out...

So Darrelle has finished swimming for the year... swimming club disco is on Friday night which she has opted for instead of the school one...yea! She is a good swimmer and I am ashamed to say neither her siblings are anyway proficient yet,  thanks to their mother not having time to organise lessons for them...!!

Last week we had Elena's show 'Performing Arts'... for the past 6yrs we have gone annually to watch Darrelle.. this year she opted out while Elena opted in... She loves it....Darrelle did her make-up.. Her age group did a song/dance routine on the MickeyMouse theme and she was to go back for the grand finale of Fame but decided she had had enough and was escorted up to us on the balcony after the interval on the pretext of having a 'pain in her tummy'!!! Well, anyway Elena, you were just fabulous in the first part!!!!

No comments: