Monday, May 31, 2010

A Night at the Castle!!

A while back we got our annual reward for being such good, uncomplaining wives... or 'golf widows'!!! The club that Declan and his friend frequent..frequently!! include in its membership a complimentary night (B&B) in one of Ireland's loveliest castles.... of course in the hope that you dine there and in doing so leave some euros in the restaurant and bar... Still, never being one to look a 'gifthorse in the mouth' Ruth and I were happy to organise babysitters and plan a night at the castle....The late Gerry Ryan RIP loved to stay here... but of course did not have to wait for the offer we were taking up...
It is such a beautiful place. the grounds, the walks, the ducks, the lake, the scenery, even the clubhouse!!  and we had a great night in the company of our friends Ruth & Liam....
~The only gripe I had was...why would anyone leave this in every bathroom in the castle.... do we need reminders to take it easy in the restaurant!!!!!
I DID NOT get up on it... I SHOULD HAVE got up on it..but... I gave it a wide berth.....
These are the two guys we send off golfing too often... and this is why!! Mind you when they start giving spa vouchers and meal vouchers and accomodation vouchers for golf prizes, instead of tropies and ornaments we will be even more keen to see them head out to the 'greens'!! Thanks guys, we had a great night....

No comments: