A few months ago I could not muster up enthusiasm for gardening... and thought 'naw... don't think I will bother this year.'..
Then... the sun came out... spring was in the air and I was raring to go again...
So I rounded up my helpers (sometimes called 'hinderers'!) and they knew exactly what I wanted to do with these new tubs I bought to grow the potatoes in!!!!
Alex itching to get started...once he can figure out how to get out so that we can put the potatoes in.....
'These make good boats while empty....'
OK - now we're getting the hang of it.....
Even had some reinforcements lined up.....just in case....All the seed trays came in very handy this year..... and we haven't planted anything outside yet... as we are still having frosty nights..... so far we have done... corn on the cob, brussels sprouts, cabbage, tomatoes, runner beans, courgettes.... I will also try my hand at strawberries, carrots, onions, lettuces, soem herbs and raspberries...

And just in case you think I am doing it all myself..... we have roped everyone in.... Darrelle does not know it yet.. but she will be the #1 weeder..:)
Alex wanted to be involved in EVERY part of it....
Jacko under strict instructions , on pain of death NOT to uproot anything from these planting beds or to bury any bones !!!

4 comments:
Wow - you grow potatoes is those basket things? I never would have guessed.
I was thinking about you and the fact that the ash is once again disturbing the skies around you.
Yea Ginny - they grow perfect.... and a lot less messy than in the ground... Grew them in black refuse sacks last year and they were perfectly successful...
Looks like the ash is not going anywhere anytime soon... someone said it will be around until 2012???!!! Just hoping for clear skies on 20th June...
Hi there,
I have been busy planting too. We have 2 large tomatoes, some onions and garlic ready to be harvested....also, have one large green apple getting ready to be picked. Nice to see all the kids help with the planting, Caroline loves to water and plant too.
When did you get Jack or Jacko? Seen no post on your newest member or is he just a hunting dog?
Take care and enjoy the weather.
Hi Sandy... meant to 'introduce' Jacko via blog but never got to do a post on him... will do soon
Adrienne
Post a Comment