Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Darrelle!

Today my oldest baby is turning 14.. 
How did she get from this:.....

Posted by Picasa
... to this in such a short time......

I suppose that isn't exactly true... It has been a long time...it does seem a long time ago since we brought this tiny 7lb baby home from the hospital and she had the easiest transition to our home.... She was such an easy baby, I just wanted to bring her everywhere... Declan used to ask 'when do we reach the stage where we can no longer bring her to restaurants etc??'  That never came... As a toddler she continued to be happy to amuse herself whenever or wherever she was....
The last few years tho have flown and before long I may be writing here and another few years will have flown by and we will be talking about her finishing school and going on to college.....
So I will try to enjoy the moment....enjoy the young teenager that we have .... take the turbulent with the calm times and treasure the girl that she is..... because I am soo proud of her...

Don't usually post pictures of myself in my pyjamas!!! But this was taken when Darrelle was just 3 days old in the hospital.... After the initial first tough day after a C-section I just felt sooo good and so happy with this tiny munchkin...I really enjoyed my 6 days in the hospital, the visitors, Dad paying me a flying visit on his lunchbreak, even the food.... and it is ironic that when I was pushing to be allowed home on the 6th day instead of waiting one more day the staff were teasing me that if I left on a Saturday I was guaranteed to be back within the year... They told me my mother-in-law always left on a Saturday (mother of 10!)!!!!..Well I definitely proved that theory wrong  ..Little did I know way back then that I would travel halfway round the world to bring my next baby home........sisters born a world apart....

Before we left the hospital she was sleeping the night so I was blessed from the start....
Happy Birthday Darrelle....
Sorry I can not be there on your big day this year..... but am sure your Dad and your sister (Queen of special occasions!) and first helper .. little brother Alex will do a very good job of making it a special day for you...
Love you......

4 comments:

Springs Landing said...

Darrelle - Happy, Happy Birthday. You could never be an Ugly Betty. Beautiful from the get-go and now. May all your years be blessed ones.

Adrienne, love the hospital pictures. You looked so beautiful and so in love with the little being that was sent to you from above.

Blessings,

Sandy

Anonymous said...

Well, doesn't it just keep getting better and better? A
Hope lovely GRANDdaughter Darrelle had a very lovely Birthday even without the mammy.!!!
Tell Dad Declan that I'm nearly ready for that golf game with my new irons.
A

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Darrelle from all you cousins in Boston and Michelle and myself. Just wrapping up work for the day, Michelle is coming into town (Boston) and we're heading out for a few drinks and some chow. We'll drink to you and your uncle Brendan.

Great picture Adrienne. Where was I in 1996, Baile Atha Cliath I think,

Breithlá shona duit,
Love Uncle Alf and the clan here.

keoghclan said...

Hey there. What a lovely post. Darrelle Happy birthday.....she is a lovely lovely girl (and I DO ADMIRE the trying for lenses - keep it up.........your Mam might eventually cave!!!)

I look at your photos and updates and know I will only too soon be there with our Ash - she turns 10 next month......and that is literally in a hearbeat!!

The photo of you in the hospital is beautiful - you are literally glowing!

Mary K from a wet, damp Toronto!!