This is the face of a happy girl just about to go swimming....
Seriously, thought that as she is 6 she might be able to start off in the big pool as long as she was in her depth and in control....She LOVES it! The only little girl among 8 boys who keep pushing ahead of her as they wait (or not!) their turn but she pays no attention to them and does her own thing only making the odd face back at them now and again!!!! I spent the first day standing in the wings to reassure her and by the following day she was ushering me upstairs to the viewer's gallery where she gives me a big smile and a thumbs up everytime she gets to the end of her turn...
Now, her cautious nature was not doing her any favours when it prevented her from even being able to let go of the rail when the instructor wanted her to use the float but I was happy to just see her bobbing around doing her own thing and was hoping that she would just build her confidence that way.... ~And today on Day 4 I could really see her beginning to make progress.... she was so chuffed with herself... her Dad is going with her tomorrow and she is real excited at the thought of showing off her water skills......
Here are some photos that I was allowed to take.... With the Child First policy now you are unable to take photos of even your own child in certain places (in case I presume you photograph someone else's children) so I asked and filled in the relevant forms requesting permission as I said I wanted to take them for her Grandma (couldn't say it was for the blog!!!!)


5 comments:
Way to go Elena.......little mermaid :-) Good for you going in the pool - you will be swimming the Shannon soon - not the Shannon - okay then the sniffy Liffey - ha :-)
Good to see your update girl. Summer sure is flying......back to school for Ash in 2 weeks and Orin starts baby infants - look out school here comes the Kazmanian devil!!
Cheerio
Mary
Cute pool pictures! I love Elena's swimsuit! What's Child First? It seems strange to not be able to take pictures of your own little girl!
I bet she will be a great swimmer...for some reason our Kazakh kids seem to all love the water....funny, since they come from a terribly land-locked country! :)
I try never to take pictures of others kids also unless I have permission to post. It is hard sometimes at parks and such. We were stopped at a mall one time from taking pictures. Crazy world we live in....is your Child first thing a national law or county law?
Have a good weekend! k
I love following your blog. Elena is very brave to try the swimming. Grace thinks she can swim...with a life jacket!!! I told her we will sign her up for lessons after her birthday and have her go every day for two weeks. Maybe then she will actually learn and not be afraid.
Cheers Elena from one learner to another, although with a 60 year difference. I have managed this summer to go about 10 metres without the float, and to go on my back same distance and then the difficult part, standing up. After all I've had 7 lessons so some day soon we two will go to the pool and show off.
Post a Comment