Sunday, August 30, 2009

Busy... busy.... Getting Ready.....

Busy busy getting ready.......that is the name of the song which I will be teaching when I return to school tomorrow and that is what we are doing here..... getting ready to officially start the school year.... Thankfully Alex has already started and is looking forward to tomorrow... Darrelle is looking forward also to starting a new school but a little apprehensive as she is leaving behind all her really good friends where she was last year but.. this where she wants to be.... so am sure she is making a good decision..... and just pray that she is as happy about it in a few months time as she is now....she has got new uniform, shoes, books, etc and has two friends already in the school who have promised to look after her.....and show her the ropes tomorrow.....
Elena is non-committal about returning but would say by tomorrow morning she will be full of excitement about her new class...and meeting her friends again.... This year she will be in first class and will now be staying until 3pm when Declan will pick her up...
I wonder when the day will come when she no longer wants to go with me everywhere I go..... if I go to the shop she wants to come.. If I go to the beautician (rare these days!!:(( she wants to come...If I go to the hairdresser she wants to come... today it paid off for her as when we were leaving... after 2 and a half hours! (The ol grey hairs are getting plentiful!!!! and as she has probably given me many of them!! she had to wait!) the girls there who know her well by now offered to cut her hair... she jumped at the chance and told them how short she wanted it....which was shorter than her Dad wanted it!!!!!! and here she is....
Watching 'The Big, Big Movie'
Goofy Girl
Have I mentioned lately how much I love this goofy little girl!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Adrienne,
Boy, am I happy not to be going back to " Catch it, Kill it, Bin it", and "Busy busy getting ready". Are we living a world apart, well so it seems. Please blog me and tell me where in the world is Adrienne. Aching to meet up for a chat. You're looking well and tell Elena I love her haircut. Rath De oraibh go leir sa bhliain seo amach romhainn.

Adrienne said...

Mary J???!!! Can it really be you?:))))))
So chuffed to hear from you.... and I promise that I will email you just as soon as I get the first few days over of school..... ain't ya lucky to be retired!!!!!! Had great plans for Longford/Roscommon a few weeks ago but the chicken pox put paid to it.... but you will be seeing me/us in Oct or November so we will have a major catch-up and I am loooking forward to it....
Take Care
Adrienne... Now I just hope you check back here to read this!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice haircut ladies and good luck with your first day back.

Sandy