Wednesday, August 12, 2009

And Yet Another Kaz Get-To-Gether.....

A fellow blogging adoptive Mommy remarked recently on the 'great gift our Kaz kids have given us... the new friends we make through adoption...' Adoption has opened up a whole new network of families to us and I could not agree more with what Mary has said. Adoption creates its own bond and hopefully some of the links we have forged over the past six years plus will be lifelong bonds and that will become special to our children as they progress through the different stages of childhood/adolescence.... I know Elena definitely feels a bond with Gracie, whom she has only met once since they spent their first year together in Kazakhstan.... It was a huge part of her excitement in going to Disney last October, the chance to meet with Gracie.... Alex looks regularly of the photo we have of Caroline, adopted at the same time as him and whom he also was lucky enough to meet with last October and he stops and says 'that is my friend Caroline from Disney from Kazakhstan!!!' And there are more special families whom I wish we got to see more often and I resolve to do better!!!!

Yesterday we got to spend the day with another Alex from the same baby-house as our Alex....His Mum and I were friends long before we planned on building a family through adoption. Alex arrived in Ireland roughly a year before Elena and yesterday they came to visit....Alex is 7, seven months older than Elena and Millie his little sister is 4, five months older than Alex. Máire is wondering 'do we have two matches here in the future'... Judging by how well they all got on together yesterday it's possible....


Two brown-eyed Kazakh cuties!!


Little sister Millie who managed to escape from Elena who was in full flight with the make-up palette and when Milllie asked for butterflies she did not realise she was opting for the 'works'... Hope this all came off easily Máire.....although I have my doubts!!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: