Sunday, June 14, 2009

All Kinds of Everything....


This is the first time since I started the blog almost a year ago that we have had a new arrival into our family... We are excited to announce that Baby Grace arrived safe and sound on June 5th, a second daughter for my brother Alfred and sister-in-law Michelle. We await two further blessings to our family as both Declan's sister and sister-in-law prepare to welcome their babies within the next 6/7 months....

Here is a very proud big brother Aidan holding his beautiful baby sister..




With Darrelle being finished school for the summer and Elena having last week off I decided to bring the two of them to school with me for a day... I was somewhat reluctant to bring Elena because I felt she might find it hard to separate Mom from teacher but I underestimated her.. having given Darrelle some jobs that needed doing I slotted Elena into her appropriate class level which luckily consisted of two little girls... I never saw 3 girls work so diligently... don't know who was setting example for whom!!! Above and below are samples of her work and she was proud as punch to get stickers and verbal praise... When Darrelle walked into the classroom at one stage I made a point of showing her the girls' writing and smiled to hear Elena quietly ask ...'Can Darrelle give me a hug?' to which Darrelle quickly replied 'Later!' and kept moving.... I know secretely she was pleased and thought it was cute but image is everything even in front of the 5 - 8 year olds!!!!
Funnily because Elena attends an Irish -speaking school she tended to speak in Irish anytime she spoke, and especially outside during playtime... it was funny to watch the other kids faces on hearing her communicate so effortlessly through Irish... She really enjoyed her day and is now asking me can she 'quit' her school and come to my school!!!!!
Am quite sure the novelty would wear off quickly for her and I know to quit when I'm ahead... our mother/daughter relationship is too precious to risk introducing the teacher dimension!!!


Elena with her lovely godmother Martina..Declan's sister. She was very excited lately to go for a 'sleepover' in Martina's house and while she said she would only stay one night that quickly changed to two but not the third!!. It worked out great because it meant she was happy & busy when myself, Darrelle & Lorna headed to Beyonce in concert... When we came to pick her up we went for a meal to celebrate our wedding anniversaries.. Walter & Martina celebrated 17 years on the 5th and Declan & I 16 years on the 4th.... had to go to the Chinese which was a pity as Martina & Walter & their two boys Alan & Shane don't really like Chinese food!!!!! Just kidding I actually think they have shares in this restaurant!!! We had a lovely night if noisy....
While we entertained Mum & Dad last night and had a BBQ between the showers Elena disppeared and eventually arrived out on the deck with the following 'creation'...all very fruity & very healthy and the white parts you see are polo mints which just completed everything... until she decided that icecream would be a better option.... Alex played no part in this but just wanted to be part of the photo!!!!

2 comments:

Cher said...

Wow, all sorts of happy memories being made. As life continues for you... here are some of the wonderful blessings to focus on.
I can't believe how Elena has grown. Nor Jaci for that matter!
I love this entry.
And congrats on the new niece/cousin for the kids....

Cher

Anonymous said...

Adrienne,

Brilliant. I got your blog postings today. They come through as email which is brilliant for me.

The photo of Aidan holding his newborn sister, Grace is beautiful.

Will try to call you later. Hope all is well.

Love………….Maura