Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Some Alexisms....

When Darrelle was small I thought I would always remember the way she pronounced/mispronounced things..... but time tends to erase a lot of those memories and as our children grow and learn to enuciate words/phrases more clearly the memories tend to dim somewhat.... Luckily I had a lot of time on my hands at that time (only-child luxury!) and did keep a fairly comprehensive baby book for her so that I can remember that she always said 'ramble-ade' for 'marmalade' and finished every question with 'yea or no?'...

So I thought I should note some of Alex's current figures of speech, as it looks like Elena's baby book is a long way from being filled in and baby #3 has not even had his bought yet..... Ok - their lifebook are 'projects-in-waiting' for this year.....

While Elena still calls the local cathedral a 'ca-treadle' and a magazine a 'maz-a-geen' Alex calls it a 'magic-scene'....

During the summer Elena went through a NO phase with Alex and most everything he wanted or tried to do she would SPELL 'N-O' Alex.... After this going on for a while he got quite frustrated with her and used always shout back 'N-YES' Elena.......

But what is always funny for us and somethinig Alex religiously says when we enter and leave the house is his response to our alarm.....

On setting the alarm a male voice says 'System arming' to which Alex responds 'This is morning' and on turning it off the same male voice says 'System unset' and to which Alex invariably repeats with a smile 'T'other man's dead'.... Now this may make absolute no sense to read it but having listened to Alex mimicing the same voice inflections it does sound quite funny and similar.....

And yes..... he did pass his hearing test.....!!!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah,very nice Adrienne.
You have the whole thing 'copped' very well. Did you do some course in psychology some!!?! It is shining through now and sure wouldn't your Anty K be real impressed with you now!
Keep up the great work in progress and tell that golfing man of yours to keep golfing as Aidan is very hot again.!!!
That's all I have to say for now and God bless.
See ya soon dv. A.............

Anonymous said...

Love the pics by the way and the cute glimpse into your lives :) I kept detailed baby books and journals for Katie and James and not so much for Grace. It seems all photos get tossed into a big basket :(

Unknown said...

love the "N yes"

keoghclan said...

Hi there. Just off the phone to mam - it is a bank holiday there? Lucky ducks! Hope you enjoyed your long weekend.....actually come to think of it you may be off work this week as it is also mid term isn't it?

I love to catch up on your blog and hear all the goings on in your household. Darelle looks like my cousin Anne who was my favourite cousin growing up, I love to see how she develops (gives me in a glimpse into Ash's future!!) Elena I would run away with I know I would, she sounds so lovable and full of fun and divilment (as well as being very cute!!) and Alex always melts my heart. He is so sweet, cute and from what you say easy going - that is foreign to me in my son :-) so I love to hear about calm boys!! I laughed at your comment about n-yes - such typical sibling going on's really isn't it (there is great comfort in the normal to me!!)

Thank you for the comments on our blog lovey......its funny you mentioned about that if we were home Orin would be learning GAA and hurling - we have thought that many the time.........how different our kids lives are over here than they would be at home. Keeping the Irish culture alive in them is very important to us. That is one of the reasons why Ash learned tin whistle and Irish dance - somehow it helped give her the connection to her roots. Missy informed me last week she wants to go to University in Galway or Dublin - she had better get a double room then for her roomie - MOI!!

Take care.

Mary

Springs Landing said...

Too cute...love t'other man's dead part...great idea writing down all these things. Before we know it we do forget all the wonderfully funny things they say.