On the beach... during one of the few nice days we got this summer!!
Sibling affection....
We have grown very fond of our social worker over the past 8 or so years and she has paid many visits to our home, first in our initial assessments, then as each of our kids arrived home she paid us a social visit just to welcome them and to see how we were doing..... and then she has had to write a report for each of them on 4 different occasions. From here we are on my own so just hope I am as up-to-date with my reports when I don't have her to call me to set up a meeting....!!!
All 3 kiddos...
For her report we needed to comment on Alex's:
* physical development.....he weighs 16.6kg (36.5lbs) and is 101cm (just over 40 inches) which puts him in the 50th percentile for weight and in the 25th - 50th percentile for height.....so he has come a long way from not even being on the charts this time 3 yrs ago....
* emotional and social development, ~ his childminder Marie said in response to this 'I give him 10 out of 10 for his emotional and social development'....At the naíonra they have also commented on how sociable he is.... yet, how we analyse them! This led to the social worker asking 'Is he always so friendly and at ease with strangers or does he discriminate?'..... Yes, I know this can be a red flag to be indiscriminate so I was able to reassure her that he can also be shy and reluctant but is just a friendly little fella in the norm.....
* medical information (thankfully the ear infections seem to be a thing of the past and he has been generally very healthy over the past year),
* skills and achievements (can we count potty-training among this??!!! Amen....),
* behaviour ~ generally a very good little guy but funnily enough he was so giddy and hyper over the weekend that Elena, in frustration and exasperation piped up with 'Look, I think Alex is turning into me and I am getting very good'!!!
and
* language development.... the social worker thought Alex's speech had really improved and I told her that he will hopefully be called finally for one on one speech therapy classes in early 2010.
Let the good times roll!!!
Some of the photos taken over the past year needed for the post-placement report....
Needing to chill out after his busy morning....!!!
Having some quiet time watching TV while the girls were at school and everything was peaceful.....and I was........ on the computer....!!!! Ah jobsharing ~ we love it!!
All 3 kiddos...
* physical development.....he weighs 16.6kg (36.5lbs) and is 101cm (just over 40 inches) which puts him in the 50th percentile for weight and in the 25th - 50th percentile for height.....so he has come a long way from not even being on the charts this time 3 yrs ago....
* emotional and social development, ~ his childminder Marie said in response to this 'I give him 10 out of 10 for his emotional and social development'....At the naíonra they have also commented on how sociable he is.... yet, how we analyse them! This led to the social worker asking 'Is he always so friendly and at ease with strangers or does he discriminate?'..... Yes, I know this can be a red flag to be indiscriminate so I was able to reassure her that he can also be shy and reluctant but is just a friendly little fella in the norm.....
* medical information (thankfully the ear infections seem to be a thing of the past and he has been generally very healthy over the past year),
* skills and achievements (can we count potty-training among this??!!! Amen....),
* behaviour ~ generally a very good little guy but funnily enough he was so giddy and hyper over the weekend that Elena, in frustration and exasperation piped up with 'Look, I think Alex is turning into me and I am getting very good'!!!
and
* language development.... the social worker thought Alex's speech had really improved and I told her that he will hopefully be called finally for one on one speech therapy classes in early 2010.
Let the good times roll!!!
Having some quiet time watching TV while the girls were at school and everything was peaceful.....and I was........ on the computer....!!!! Ah jobsharing ~ we love it!!


No comments:
Post a Comment