Elena is hogging the limelight again...Last week was her homecoming... Nine days after she arrived in Ireland she celebrated her 1st birthday.... In one way it seems a long time ago... in another it has flown and now she has turned 7.......
Alex had a ball.. He was quickly summoned by Eoghan and Cian to 'Come down here with the boys Alex!' He did not need telling twice....
Not everyone wanted their picture taken!!
These guys did not even see the camera!!
The kids had a great time... I think the nicest parties always are the ones at home but I have to admit these types of parties are hassle-free..... I mean it's not often you get to read the newspaper at your child's party....!!!.
There were a lot more kids than this but we just could not round them up....these were the posers??!! Can we get a nice face Elena??!
Look this way, please!!!!
It gets worse!!!
Finally........
Elena is a real sociable butterfly and just loved having all her friends around her to help her celebrate.....
Despite her reluctance last week to acknowledge any reference to the day she came home I was touched when on the morning of her birthday she came up to me and said....
'Mom, don't forget what we have to do today!'
Knowing full well what she was referring to I pleaded ignorance and said 'What have we to do today?'
'You know we have to go to the 'ca-treadle' (cathedral) to light a candle for 'you know'..
Since she came home I have brought her to the church on her birthday to remember the woman who gave her life on October 3rd 2002...... it is our way of maintaining a connection and I hope and think that maybe Elena's birthmother is thinking of her too on that day......

2 comments:
Happy Birthday Elena! May today and all this year be extra special.
Love, Frank, Sandy and Caroline
Belated happy birthday sweet Elena.
The party looks like lots of fun (I love parties that are not in our house!! We only have a small city house that was not built/proportioned for lots of loud small kids!!
Post a Comment