Monday, March 28, 2011

A Few from the Parade..

As promised here are a few from the parade on Lá le Padraig..... this year the two little ones were involved.... It looked like Declan would not be able to get off work to come and watch and Darrelle had a prior engagement  with a bunch of 15 year olds so it was left up to me to deposit them at the courthouse in order for them to meet up with their respective groups....
Alex's class of Junior infants were marching under the shadow of the very tall, clear 'Bottler', made by Tiarnán and Ana, parents of  one of the little boys in Alex's class... Tiarnán and Ana had come in to their classroom to work with them, hence the participation of his class in the parade this year...
Here is 'Bottler' waiting to get off the ground..
 Elena got to march with the gymnastics clkub of which she is a member so they got to 'cartwheel' their way through the town!!
 Back to Bottler...could he be taller than the courthouse??!   Am sure he seemed that way to the small 4/5 yr olds looking up at him!!
 Here is Alex proudly showing off HIS puppet.....Amazing what you can do with an old milk carton.... Tiarnán and Ana helped the class of 33 to each make their own to carry in the parade...

 Almost ready for off....First year I got to see the parade from a different perspective...having being asked had I 'lámha folamh' I replied off course my hands were empty having assigned the two smallies to their own groups and was then promptly handed a bubble wand and umpteen bottles of bubbles by Tiarnán and so I got to participate myself... Thankfully there are no pictures to substantiate that I was 'páirteach ann' but take it that I drenched a lot before me and behind me with bubble mixture until I perfected the art of letting the wind 'catch' the bubbles....At one stage the fiddler in front of me announced 'Oh blast...the rain is on its way'.. I promptly took two steps backwards.....!!!
 Tiarnán in control.....
 Putting 'is best foot forward...
 Just to give an idea of how large 'Bottler' was... Alex (who scares very easily and gets traumatised every Hallowe'en!)was a little unsure of this large guy when he started walking and 'following' us in the parade but I have to hand (HA!) it to him he kept his cool fairly well when this large hand 'snuck' up beside him......
 Better 'wave' to these guys even if I didn't vote for them!!:)
 Elena & Robyn, who both have a brother called Alex in Junior Infants posing with their brothers' puppets.
 Reminiscent of our Disney trip... how many times did we pose with these guys?!!1
To finish off our morning we made contact with one of the families we have met through adoption and Elena and Alex were happy to meet with Emma & David for a hot chocolate after the parade...

A dry sunny day and friends...What more could you want?!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good pictures Adrienne. I assume Tiernan is John's buddy Tiernan, if so looks like he got the use of his arm back, thankfully.
All grand here, still cold but the snow is long gone. Been busy doing some painting in my spare time, almost done. We're 7 years in 58 Church so a paint job was in order. Putting down new carpet upstairs on Thursday so wanted to get the walls all painted first. Other than that all the kids are good. I managed to get to see the Harlem Globe Trotters with Aidan and Ciaran yesterday, they had fun.
Will be in touch. Dingle looks good.
Hello to all your gang.
Talk soon, Alf.

Ginny said...

Looks like a fun and a cold parade.