Saturday, March 20, 2010

A week of Celebrations..!

Edited to add:  thought this girl would do a better job of telling the story of St.Patrick than I would:



Well, the day that we honour our patron saint has come and gone, and while I sometimes think that the most patriotic Irish folk are the ones who are now living abroad we did do our bit on the 17th.... We tried to find the nearest we had to 'green, white and orange' in our wardrobes, pinned on the shamrock and headed to our local parade.... and managed to meet this lepreachaun, who was taking a break from playing the fiddle on the 'gig-rig'!!!
Alex was very excited to spot Micheál as he is husband of our childminder Marie and very involved in all things Irish.....
We were delighted that Maureen and Odhrán came down for a 'sleepover' the night before and were with us to celebrate 'Lá le Padraig'......
Once again, what can Declan be talking about?....Caption anyone?
And last Sunday we celebrated Mother's Day.......which in my case meant that early in the day I celebrated being the mother by being brought out to lunch......then later that night I drove up home and celebrated once again... this time as the daughter honouring my own wonderful mother...!  Really nice but not so good for one on 'the cruise diet!!!'
Mam, you are the best..... Happy Mother's Day &
Happy Birthday yesterday....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adrienne,it is a lovely 'Blog'.I'm instructed to write and thank you for that very nice'MOTHER'commercial. It was very thoughtful indeed.A the Paddy Day pictures in Ennis are lovely. Everyone looks great,but where oh where are you.Behind your camera ,I suppose.
Now,Slán'A.