I have been very lax of late in getting my thoughts down on paper or in recording happenings from round here... shall try to do better.....
Right now am waiting to go and pick the kids up from school so have a free hour..... therefore have made myself a nice cup of soup and it's just me and the computer....and an empty house.....
The soup is to warm me up as I spent the last few hours standing on the sidelines watching the schoolkids of the county take part in the cross-country... Luckily for me it is my day off so I decided to go and watch this year..... Because I work in such a small school - 2 teacher - 24 pupils nearly all our pupils get to participate... Each school can send a team of 6 girls and a team of 6 boys in the U8, U11 and Over 11 categories.... Of course we had to send some individual runners as we hadn't enough to make up that many teams...They all went home happy , having done us proud - We had a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 9th, 11th and a 12th..not bad for having such a small 'pool' of runners:)
But.....the main reason I was there because this excited girl was representing her school in the Under 8 team...Being a much larger school they had to run off trials at the beginning of last week and 4 were picked from her class and 2 from the next class up...
Here she is before the race.. The school jersey just a tad too big....!!!
She was delighted to have been picked.... came home last week and asked me could I help her remove something from the bottom of her shoes... seemingly one of the girl's in her class had at the trials 'told all the girls in her class to put BLU-TACK on the shoes...... to make them run FASTER!!!' Go figure!!!!!!!
Well luckily she didn't 'stick' to the field that day and got to go running today.....
'The Big Race'..... in the spirit of the 'Where's Wally?' series can you spot Elena???? (You will probably have to click on it to enlarge ... unless you have fantastic close-up vision..!!!)
Well thankfully she finished... even if it was 54th place...or as she said herself ' No, I think it was 45... I don't know'!!!..!!! Here she is... in dire need of a drink!!
.... and letting us know...
As you can see she is still quite small in comparisons to others her age....
Well done Elena...

2 comments:
Oh Yay for Elena, your future runner. I spotted her in the picture, thou she barely appear in the back. Hey, where did her baby teeth go? I must have missed it all! She is so grown up and quite a beauty. So happy she entered the marathon and had fun.
Sandy
PS. Caroline had her second soccer game this morning and it was the funniest thing to watch...whenever the ball or the opponents came her way, she would run to us....never really following the ball. In fact, looked like she didn't know the ball existed, more interested in just running for the heck of it. Not sure I have soccer star after all.
Hi Sandy
That is so funny about Caroline's soccer game... What a cutie.... I do hope you managed to record it....
Yes Elena has lost her two front teeth from way back... Before you know it Caroline will be telling you she has a 'wobbly tooth'... Elena lost her first age 5 but I have heard of little ones as young as 4 lose their first tooth.... Imagine!!!
Adrienne
Post a Comment