Friday, July 31, 2009

One Giant Step....A year ago Today.....



A year ago today... I FINALLY after years and years of waiting and researching and asking questions went ahead and had eye laser surgery...And it was the best thing I ever did..One year on I have nearly forgotten how dependent I was on contact lenses..... Having myopia with a strong prescription of -5.50 in the Right Eye and -8.00 in the Left Eye plus astigmatism meant that I was not a suitable candidate for the more straightforward procedure of Lasik and had to opt for a procedure called Lasek which had a longer recovery time...... and was not painfree..... I will admit that the first 3 days especially were PAINFUL......... but.... would go through it again as the results are so worth it....
So if you are considering it I would say 'What are you waiting for?....Make sure to go to the best .... Eyes are precious.!
The only question you will have after is 'Why did I wait so long?.




Dad & Maureen - Thanks for bailing me out... Have not forgotten... it just seems like it!!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adrienne,it was a fine and wise thing you did. My fault you had eye-problems!!!!!!???!!...........Genetic,so why wouldn't I "bale you out"?-one of "my favourite daughters" 'nough said!
Be good,hello to all,
A.