Thursday, July 9, 2009

NATURE Vs Nurture!!! Or should it be 'Nurturing Nature'?!!!

This one's for you Maureen!!

In memory of all the times as a child I chased you with all the caterpillars I used to collect in the garden!!! I promise I had nothing to do with Elena's new found interest in nature or these furry crawly creatures!! Apart from planting the cabbages in the garden for the sole purpose of feeding this crop of caterpillars. We now have them in all stages of growth and not a head of cabbage remains intact!!! The carrots and scallions are doing well so 2 out of 3 aint bad for a first timer!!!
Owing to 'Operation toilet-training Alex in 3 days which is now on Day 8' we have been spending a LOT of time house bound and hence the fixation these two have got with the 'wiggly worms' in the garden as Alex calls them....
Elena is watching, waiting and wondering when these guys are going to 'make' a cocoon.... No doubt if they could sooner rather than later they would if only to get away from the attention being lavished on them......I am the newly appointed 'Protect the caterpillars from over enthusiastic handling by minors' warden...


And Maureen, you will be glad to know that I no longer have any inclination to pick up these guys for the purpose of torment.... they are right up there with earwigs as far as I am concerned!!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: