Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Little bit of Religion/History.....


On the way home from our holiday we decided to stop at one of Ireland's famous landmarks in Co. Mayo...So if you want a bit of history keep reading ... If not skip on..!!! The two favourite son-in-laws had had to go home early to 'earn a living' to keep us in the manner to which we are accustomed and we thought a bit of sightseeing was in order.. Also it was nice to have one final meet up before going our separate ways home...
Often when I visit a place of interest I take a photo of the information at hand. Otherwise interesting facts are soon forgotten.....in my head anyway...
Many many people climb Croagh Patrick annually in honour of our patron saint... I have yet to climb it once!!!! BUT... having had a chance to ascend a little bit I have decided to come back without the 3yr old and with something akin to a crozier (just like St. Patrick!!!) and make an attempt....It takes over 3 hours and while the climb up would appear to be the more challenging it is said that it is the descent which can be quite difficult as it is very steep in places....
So, Dad if you are game we will start training now!! Dad, Maureen and the older cousins and dog did venture up quite a bit but Maureen descended a lot quicker than anyone else thanks to Ruby, their energetic red setter and was glad to get down without incident!!

So, on with the history lesson!!!
All interested students will need to click on the photos in order to enlarge enough to read the print..!!!

A construction job with a difference!!
Would one be able for all this praying and climbing simultaneously??!!
Guess which two did the climb???1
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adrienne,this is a most enjoyable photo record of our grand holiday break in Mayo. Yes, we could attempt a climb together of "the Reek". We better be sure of our fitness levels first. However, a fine day, good breakfast and temperate couple of days in advance should do the trick.
You performed a valuable job there in recording the days away. You are a natural-born recorder/diarist/chronicler-scribe,even.
Good on ye for retrieving the "diesel money". You are good at not letting the dog go with your bone,as they say.
So, be good and see you soon as well as your 'clutch'
Slan go foill,Caoilte Mac Ronain etc.

Aubrey said...

Hi Adrienne!
Thanks for the nice comment on my blog! Your children are beautiful and it's so fun to see another Kazakhstan family!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a wonderful Easter vacation. The kids seemed like they had a great time....love their hats - the cow hats...Ha

Much love,

Sandy

keoghclan said...

Hia missus. Great photos and commentaries of your holiers! I LOVE the kids hats. I must look when I am home for one for Orin - I could see him in it now!

Sounds like your break was lovely. Still say you cant beat the scenery in Ireland (now if ONLY the weather co-operated!!!

Cheerio