Friday, February 27, 2009

Disney Evidence......One of many....

Yes ~ We did go to Disney last October...
Finally! Here are some photos....
These are some of the photos of our first few hours there..... Our journey to Florida started at 5am (I had got 2 hours sleep the night before we travelled so you will notice I stayed out of the photos!!!). Because we could not fly direct to Orlando we had to while away a few hours in Dublin airport and after a looooong loooong journey where the 6yr old and the 2 yr old (on Duracell batteries!) proved they had the stamina to stay awake for a full 24 hours while their 12 yr old sister and 'can catnap anywhere' father made sure to grab 40 winks on more than one occasion..... My role was to try and keep some sort of organisation on the 'distraction' bags owned by the two little ones... This meant I tried to prevent bits of the Nintendo, leapster games, crayons, puzzles, stickers, books, DVD's, snacks, 2 portable DVD players, Wordwhammer letters, big sister's IPOD and more from disappearing under the seats, between the seats and on food trays and among the rubbish. In other words I was kept too busy to sleep, read, watch inflight entertainment etc. In fairness to Elena she probably would have been fine on her own but little active 2 yr olds on long flights do not mix.... To be positive, he wasn't whiny, whingey or crying.... just going nonstop and I was only on the regular battery so found it hard to keep up with him..... Suffice it to say the flight was loooooong.... I felt if this is what it would feel llike to travel to Australia I am glad I did not get there as planned in 1990.......
Like the Pope I nearly kissed the ground in Orlando when we touched down.... Only to find that our buggy had gone to the US by a different route and was winging its way to JFK...... this entailed a lot of walking from Billy to Jack and back to Billy to try and find out what to do in order to claim it back... think this did delay departure of the Disney Transportation to our hotel. Were we ever glad to sit into that bus and say next stop..... disney...!!!!
We actually had a Character Dining reserved for the first night thinking we would have been there hours before... So we just had time to 'go as we are....' We were so pleased with our hotel, The Polynesian......and the friendliness of the staff and our proximity to reception put us all in good humour and willing to keep going for another while... The kids were so excited to be there as were we, as we had all been looking forward to this trip for the longest time....
Meeting Cinderella...Our first taste of the fun to come.....
Elena being a little reserved and Alex deciding this was not his cup of tea at all....

Funnily enough he was a lot more taken with the wicked stepmother....

Happy people to have finally arrived.... see Mickey Mouse towels...... nearly as good as on the cruise Dad eh?

Finally crashed.... After 24 hours Alex decided that he could not even make it another step and was ready for bed.... did not mind where and Dad's shoulder was as good as any.....

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

keoghclan said...

Hey girl. Love the disney photos. Your journey sounds like us going to Dublin every year. I grimace when I think of Orin on the flight!!

I love the one of Alex asleep on your husbands shoulder - very sweet!!

My friend just came back from a week in Kilkenny. Said the weather was lovely?

Bring it on, Toronto is still freezing !!

.......mk

PS. Love your playlist, Ash was just boogie hopping to Brown Eyed Girl!!