Friday, January 23, 2009

Good Hair Day!

Elena, for the last while has been asking me almost every day 'Can I get my hair cut today?' and I invariably always say 'Not today' followed by whatever excuse would work for that day so she was very delighted today when the answer to her usual question was 'Yes, why not?' She knew exactly how much she wanted to take off. As my grandfather always used to say 'There's only a week or two between a good cut and a bad cut' (which I took to mean 'Get a good bit off while you're at it'!)



Elena in need of a 'good cut'!


When she went to the hairdresser and she asked her what way she wanted her hair cut she answered 'like Gracie's'... This was directed to me so I had to explain that this meant 'take a good 5 to 6 inches off'!!!


The result! Waaay better!! She needed that! And the first thing her Dad said to her when she got home was that she looked 'Just like Gracie' - who you can see in the top photo...




4 comments:

keoghclan said...

Nice hair cut Elena. Our Ashling just got hers done a few weeks ago and it looks very similiar.....little smashers :-)

Anonymous said...

Elena
I am soooo happy you got your hair cut. It looks very cute!!! Do you like it? I also saw you lost your top teeth...I haven't yet just the bottom. I LOVE YOU...
Gracie



Elena looks too cute....her curls were adorable too. I am ready for G's hair to grow out but she really likes it short.

all my best ....D

Maura said...

Hi Elena,

Gret hair cut. Don't go any shorter.

I see that tooth came out. Hope it came out on its own. Did the tooth fairy visit.

Elena,

Thank you for letting my have your bed when I stayed last time.

Love you,

Maura

Anonymous said...

Elena
your hair is so cute!! your getting so grown up now.
You will have to come and visit Danara soon.

Wendy