Saturday, September 27, 2008

Two for the Price of One!! The Party Continues!

'You must be crazy' someone said to me the other day when I suggested that Darrelle should have a party on Friday AFTER Elena's friends were gone home... But I thought it rather a good idea..... When Darrelle turned 11 (Feb 2007) I persuaded her that it would be a good idea to wait and have a 'half year' birthday in the summer in our new house.....It never happened... problem being that we never moved house until December 2007....
When she turned 12 her 'birthday celebrations' were put on the long finger and again it never happened....
Before she broke up for school in the summer I met some of her friends' mothers and suggested that all the girls would get together over the holidays in our house.. Again it never happened...(refer to 12-13 weeks of incessant rainfall!!)
Well guess what? Yesterday it happened!!!!!:)

One of the Mother's in Elena's class offered to bring over her chocolate fountain yesterday and the kids loved it.... and when the marshmallows ran out they just dipped their fingers in....
These are the girls that Darrelle has been friendly with since she started school and they get on really well. All of them are in her new school except two.... She is lucky to be part of this group as there arent really any her age where we live.....
Did we say that they loved the chocolate fountain???
The girls had a great time!!! We really got our money's worth with the slide rental - you see when you are job-sharing you have to consider these things!!!! Declan did a BBQ for them and I made sure they ate all the junk that was left over after the little ones party.. You see when you are on the 'Diet for Disney' you have to consider these things!!!!
Cats Eyes have nothing on these girls eyes - even the red eye reduction would not correct their 'glow in the dark' eyes... Click on photo to enlarge...

Instead of parents collecting them we had offered to drive them home.... Declan brought home a bus from work yesterday (Hertz perk!) but unfortunately by the time it was time for them to go home (elevenish!) he had gone to bed (early morning Hertz drawback!) and I got the pleasure of driving the bus..... would have been okay if I could have kept going forward but the reversing got me every time.... don't tell Declan but a parked car had a very narrow escape as I came out of Laura's driveway..! Darrelle and I got home unscathed in the bus at 12.40am and she said she had such a good time so I guess I made up for the last two non-birthday celebrations... I won't be looking for a bus licence anytime soon!!!!

Darrelle & Doireann....

No comments: