Wednesday, September 24, 2008

New Start




Well, I'm back!!!!!

This is the first blog entry since December 18th 2006....

Since that time I have wanted to continue on but somehow there was always something else demanding to do first....

Then I wanted to continue on from that date and of course now I wonder will my memory stretch back that far!!!!

So... the Solution???
Create a new blog and capture life NOW before these little people have all grown up and decide that they do NOT want me to broadcast the daily happenings in our lives in which they have the starring roles!!

And so...a new blog is born...
I hope in time to make it fancier but for the moment the main thing is to start blogging...

I still hope to finish the original blog and be able to document the final chapter of our adoption of Alex...the all dramatic ending of our time in Kaz.

But for now start reading and see where we're at right now...


WHY BLOG & for WHO????
Well, firstly and foremost for ME,ME,ME,!!!! (selfish eh?!!) I love to look back and see a tangible record of our lives and must admit that more than once I have reread our time in Ust-Kamenogorsk... It is primarily a record for our family that hopefully we will be very glad to have someday as we watch the changes in our three wonderful children over time...

Secondly for you, family and friends to keep in touch and to make up for the times when I fail to get in touch. It will let you know that we are alive and living, however mundane it may be at times... All I ask is that you comment from time to time!!!!!!!!

So, September 2008... new beginnings...

We begin another year of school, Me, I am so happy to be jobsharing again for this year.. It is the best of both worlds.. I love my week in school and I look forward so much to my week off.. Most of last year it has been catch up time but this year, now that the madness of moving house, WSE (Whole School Evaluation)etc is over I have another project or two up my sleeve... daunting but ones I will enjoy...

Darrelle ~ At 12 she has changed so much since I posted about her when I started my other blog two years ago. She has gotten soooo tall, mature (most of the time!) and I love the stage she is at right now.... We only fight about two things... tidying her room and going to bed at a reasonable hour.... Actually I'm sure we fight about other things too.. but.. thankfully she remains laidback, easygoing and injects a touch of humour into any stressful situations, like trying to get out of the house on time!!

Darrelle has started secondary school and has now almost completed her first month. It hasn't been the easiest transition for her and she has on more than one occasion questioned whether she made the wrong choice in choosing her second level school. Last year she did deliberate on whether she should go to an All-Irish Secondary (Co-ed) School or go to the Coláiste, all girls and much larger... thankfully I did leave the final choice up to her and so for now she cannot say 'You made me go here'... all her friends moved with her, except for two and she envies them every day and has talked of changing..

I think the big problem for her is that she has gone from a bigger school to a smaller one of just over 100 pupils and is missing all the packaging that goes with being part of a bigger school. swipe cards, bigger student body, canteen(YUM catering as opposed to Snack Shack:(.......). I do have my own thoughts on it but will refrain from writing it down for fear that she will read it!!! On a positive note I do feel that she is beginning to settle and hopefully in another few months or so, she will be more than happy with her decision. One thing that I and others have commented on, is that despite her unhappiness she has been very mature in her outlook and the way she has dealt with her disappointment and I am very proud of her for that and thankful too.

OKAY!! Big sigh of relief.... Went to answer the phone and came back to add photos and totally lost the entire post... hate when that happens... Had planned on adding a few photos but on second thoughts and now that I finally, after a half an hour have recovered the original post think it might be better to publish post and add photos later...

No comments: