Thursday, February 3, 2011

The King that wasn't.......

Keeping in rewind mode to the tail end of 2010  here are a few pictures from mid-December when Alex and Elena decided to take part in the 'Play & Pray' Group depiction of the Nativity... Declan had brought them to a rehearsal on the Saturday while Darrelle & I unwittingly went for a spin with our unwelcome visitor (more on that later!)  Anyway Alex was given the important task of being one of the 'Wise Men' or (Caspar... Melt-i-or & Ha-Ha-zar as Elena used to call them..)  Elena was to be an angel.....no small feat for this little gal!!!
On the morning.... bet no Wise Man was as well secured upon his camel!!!
 Our angel in angelic mode.....
 Things did not go exactly as planned however... The two small guys went in behind the altar before Mass with a view to returning just before the Gospel reading....  Just moments before a very green-faced Wise Man, minus his royal garb was 'shepherded' Ha! out by an angel..... Declan took off posthaste out of the church as it looked like he was going to throw up there and then!!... He didn't thankfully....
 The angel (in awe..) took her place again beside all the other angels....
 ...and after a while lost interest.....
 Meanwhile a lowly shepherd was touched by the miracle of Christmas and suddenly found himself ...a king among his people.....
Turned out to be our next door neighbour, Luke and Elena's playmate from our old neighbourhood.....who kindly stood in for Alex..
And.....the king became boy once more, recovered and announced......
...Next year I am going to be a shepherd..!!. 
...Off course shepherds are hardier.. out in all weathers and so would not be as delicate as kings...!! and therefore prone to sickness!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adrienne,
I just love these emails. Thank you. Thank you.
Please forgive me for being in touch but it has been a crazy start to the New Year. Firstly, let me THANK YOU for the BEAUTIFUL gifts you sent with Marie and Ed. Way too much but each one is treasured. I just love those table mats, candles and beads. The Colleran Christmas decoration is fabulous. You are way too generous. Last but not least, I just love my Katz cookery book. I was very impressed to find your recipes. It took me until last night to find them but that’s me!!!
You won’t believe this, but I fell a few weeks ago and broke two bones in my right foot. I am doing much better now that I have ditched the crutches. You should see me in my big black boot. No matter, it could have been worse. Not easy getting around in the snow but I have a very good husband and my company pays for a car service home each evening. In the middle of all that a really good New York friend passed away in Ireland . His name was Tony Bracken and he got me my first job in NY back in 1993 working for Paddy and Angela Reilly. Angela, myself and the crutches flew home for the funeral. Arrived in Dublin on Sunday morning and flew back early on Tuesday. Short and sweet but I was so glad I did it. Ironically enough, it was on the weekend of Kathleen’s anniversary. Tony was buried on the Monday Jan 24th which is Kathleen’s anniversary. May he rest in peace.

Pat called me recently and we had a great chat one Saturday morning. I think he is dreading his little baby leaving the next year.
I will call you soon for a proper chat.


Give my love to Declan and those three beautiful children…sorry, correction………..one beautiful teenager and two beautiful children.

How is Bridget.

Love to all,

Maura

Anonymous said...

Sam,
You will love this posting from Adrienne.

Adrienne,
This is fantastic. Poor Alex.

Love to all,
Maura

Cher said...

Love this!! So adorable!! Love seeing one of Jaci's Kazakh sisters. :)