Friday, November 26, 2010

Not Mario....but something else!!!

It's been a long time since I got a chance to write anything..but...... starting today I am on Parental leave... for 3 weeks....YAAAY!  I am so looking forward to having a little bit of time at home and I have lots of plans.....organising... catching up..being productive..... doing all the things that I can never get round to because...there never is enough time....

Maybe I will get to blog a little too... would that be a justifiable duty for parental leave....(defined as statutory entitlement to parents for the purpose of caring for their children...!)  yep.. it qualifies...recording life's events primarily as a record for my kids in years to come!! 

....and my first duty is..... to make sure firstborn daughter gets to Dublin to take part in this year's Late Late Toy Show!!



Actually the girls (and one boy) left by bus this morning at 8am as they needed to be in the RTE studios early...they had rehearsals until 5pm this evening...they also had to go up last Monday for a rehearsal and have had other rehearsals here at home so they are tired but excited... and more excited today as they heard that Take That are going to be on the Show tomorrow night!!:)


For those of you who wish to catch a glimpse of them on National TV they will be on at the very start as they are part of the opening act... which means they will be opening along with a group of dancers and some other dancing/singing act.....Not sure how much coverage they will have so be warned..... you need to pay attention!!!!! They are not one bit put out that they are sharing the limelight and are just so excited to be part of it all...




They originally auditioned playing the Mario theme..Danette was told it was a real novel act but as they had already picked their theme for this year they would incorporate the 'Sweet Pickle Strings' into their chosen opening act.....

Hint: thought might audition myself for a part as an Ooompa Loompa but.....
so now you know!!!


Have just talked to Darrelle... they have had a great day.... finished rehearsals at 5pm, then booked into Radisson Hotel, paid for by RTE, shopping in Dundrum shopping Centre, paid for by Mom! cinema to see Harry Potter, also paid for by Mom, request to Call me Mom... again paid for by Mom even tho I had already given her money to buy credit for her phone.... !!  Still they are having a great time.... Priceless....

We (the folks who pay the music tuition fees!) are all heading up tomorrow and staying in the same hotel and we will all watch them together so....should be fun...

Great we have our kids to help us have a social life!!!
Seriously we are all looking forward to it...

31 comments:

keoghclan said...

Hi Adriennne.

I just watched the Late Late show, I saw Darrelle - I think? Was she the last young lady in line? The music was great, they did a fab job (boy has the Late Late show come on since I was growing up!!) The Billy Barry school of dancing and Twink used to be on every year :-)

Anonymous said...

Adrienne,

I have watched this hundreds of times. Was Darelle to the left of the little guy who sang about IMAGINATION? Anyway, great show, and very uplifiting. Was in tears, as I hope Pauline was watching. She would have been so proud of Darelle being allowed into RTE. She always knew, you or I would NOT have made it, as we would probably be late, and most likely would not have a car that would have gotten us there in time. Love you and talk soon.

Maura

Springs Landing said...

Can you video the show and post in on FB? Would love to see it....what's new my friend...ever since you took on the full-time job, I don't get to hear updates....miss our chats or attempts to chat. How is Christmas going? Lots of snow?

Love,

Sandy

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend....Will contact you on Monday to make arrangements to go for breakfast..
Looking forward to chat..
Nancy E....

Anonymous said...

Hi Darrelle...Good luck tomorrow night....Will be looking out for ye...Smile all the way..:)

Marie Carty...

Anonymous said...

Wow! Are you there?
Enjoy!
Wendy..

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your night..will be watching
Michelle Talty

Anonymous said...

Hi Adrienne..Best of luck to Darrelle this evening...Can't wait to see show...Best of luck..Suzanne, Hughie & Co..

Anonymous said...

I am so looking forward to seeing Darrelle on the Toy show..Ye must be so excited..Have a super night...- it will be magical...I hope you do the bar in the green room justice!!!!
Are you staing in the Radisson? Enjoy..
Clare C

Anonymous said...

Hi All... Looking forward to seein Darrelle later...We are all excited here esp her little cousins... A star in the making ..enjoy..

Anne P

Anonymous said...

We are all excited to be living next door to a celeb!!!!! Hopefully these guys will stay awake....Enjoy:)

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hope Darrelle enjoys tonight....We'll be watching! Hope you not too nervous!!XXX

Brendan

Anonymous said...

Are you going to be in RTE tonight??

Clare C

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo..Good for Darrelle and ye too...Enjoy! We will be watching out for ye..

Talk Soon
XX

Bea

Anonymous said...

That is so funny.. I had just texted Albie a second ago to see if she is on the show tonight..

Have a great night..
Cora..

Anonymous said...

Yes - we are waiting patiently here for her!!! V exciting!! I facebooked her last nite..XX Enjoy the nightXX

Kellie

Anonymous said...

Yes.. we will be watching and we are recording it....

Deirdre Bennett

Anonymous said...

Oh how lovely..
Will watch it...
Kathryn Mc

Anonymous said...

I was sure you would be in Dub.. - sure it's the Mam's that take them to all the practices all year every year!!

Clare C

Anonymous said...

Be hard to miss them by the sounds of it..! Tuned in and waiting..

Brendan

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to watching it... Mum and Dad and I about to sit down beside big fire in living room...:) Just like aul times!! Enjoy your night!!XX

Regina..

Anonymous said...

Hi... Have a great night..We will be watching out for her...Just back from a walk with Maureen..
She said Alex can't wait to see her..

Enjoy..

Deirdre K

Anonymous said...

Will be watching..Enjoy the night..

Valerie

Anonymous said...

We are all set to see Darrelle


Olivia

Anonymous said...

Good stuff.. We're all snuggled up so will keep an eye out.. David is all business so not sure if we will get to see a lot... Enjoy your night..

Áine & Alex

Anonymous said...

Best of luck Darrelle and girls... Hope you enjoy the experience.. We have the popcorn ready and are all in our jammies waiting for it to start...
Theresa...

Anonymous said...

Are you in the audience??? I am all set here with a bottle of bud and crisps!!!

Deirdre K

Anonymous said...

Mags said you were going to be there...So all set here!! It's great! Have a fabulous time
Máire XXX


Have fun!!! Tell Ryan we say Hi!!!!

Anonymous said...

Adrienne

Best of Luck to Darrelle and her friends on the Late Late tomorrow night we will all be viewing eagerly to see them perform and be so proud of them all.

Longford weekend on last weekend only had one of my usual lodgers but we had a good time and I took it easy and danced at my own pace and dodged some of the Ceili to socialise as I like that part now that I am slowing down.

The AGM at work went well and I skipped off early as I was travelling to a Lecture the following day. We have our Craft Fair on Saturday so another busy day ahead, all for a good cause so I don't mind at all.

Hope all are keeping well we are all fine here, Mam and Dad have head colds, nothing serious though.

All the best to Darrelle and her friends.

Chat soon
Kieran

Adrienne said...

Thanks Kieran...They took off all excited this morning on an 8am bus..RTE are putting them up in the Radisson tonight as they needed them today and tomorrow for rehearsals and they also had to go up last Monday plus a few rehearsals in e..... so they have been busy ...All for a very short moment of glory... but they don't care ...they are just soo excited to be on ...they are part of the opening part with I think two other acts... dancers from Limerick and another dancing/singing group...so you need to see the VERY start or you will miss them.... so don't blink!!:)))) they will be the guys with the violins/cellos and I think Darrelle is at the tall end of the line!!

We (all the families) are going up tomorrow and staying tomorrow night so are really looking forward to it all.. girls were jumping round the place this morning when they heard that Take That will be on the Toy Show!!

Think we have you well practised on the socialising end after distracting you from the dancing in Milltown...!! will have to catch up again soon... life is rather busy... hard to do everyting or even part of everything... off now on parental leave for a couple of weeks and am really looking forward to it... lots to organise round here..

Thanks for your good wishes and for thinking of Darrelle... I will pass them on to her...

Regards to everyone.. hope they get rid of the colds soon.. am afraid 'tis the season for it...'

Anonymous said...

Adrienne

You're welcome and hope all goes well we will be watching with both eyes and taping just in case we miss Darrelle.

Mother will be all delighted too to hear that Take That are on she loves them so they appeal to ones in their teens and ones in their eighties, they are nice lads though and all can sing not like some of the earlier boy bands.

Yes life is so busy indeed Adrienne and one never seems to stop these times as work just gets busier all the time but I guess it's good to have a job in the times we are in.

Enjoy your parental leave, gives you a good chance to get organised for Santa.

All the best to the boys and girls.

Best Wishes
Kieran