Friday, November 13, 2009

Kaz Kids Korner......

Today has been a really sociable day...... Today is my birthday... Friday 13th..... Lucky for some eh?

We had school for Alex, followed by one playdate.... then another which went on till late and  we all need a lie-in tomorrow... what are the chances of that happening?!!

We had the pleasure today of meeting with a little boy a few months younger than Alex who has recently arrived home from Kazakhstan..... What made it all the sweeter was that Anton is from the same baby-house in Ust-Kamenogorsk that Alex is from.... I had told Alex that we would be going to Barney's after school to meet Anton so when we were passing it this morning on the way to school he asked 'Is Anton there now?'  to which I answered 'Not yet?' and he said 'Is he still in the babyhouse?'!!! He gets it but not fully...... Mary, his Mum had kindly carried over photos and a letter to the carers in Alex's group for us and it was heartening to hear how excited they were to receive updated pictures of Alex (Sasha)...

As always we enjoyed meeting Wendy and her two Kaz cuties.... Danara and Almas, also home this year....

What a cute face....


Alex trying to get close enough for a photo.....Anton kept moving and saying 'Don't squash me...!!'


Danara & Almas.....Danara outnumbered by all the boys... but Elena had to be in school!!


Two Ust Babies... I mean Big Boys......

Regretfully our visit was short..... I would love to have stayed longer but only had a little less than an hour as Elena had an appointment with a homeopath to help with her 'eczema'!  Hopefully we will get to meet again before too long!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Springs Landing said...

Hi Adrienne,

Happy Belated Birthday to you and early happy birthday to Alex. Glad to hear that all is busy and good there. Much love,

Frank, Sandy and Caroline

keoghclan said...

Hey lovey. A Kaz get together - it looks like so much fun. I love when we meet up with families who have also adopted from Kaz. It is a lovely connection (still planning on trying to get something organized next time we are home! We can meet half way between Galway and your neck of the woods!!)

That is brilliant that an update on Alex was able to be brought back to the BH. I bet you the care takers were thrilled. We got the opportunity to do it once also and we heard Orin's care taker cried.

I love your updates, I always feel like I am home chatting with you hearing about all the going's on. Any chance of you guys coming over here anytime soon (like maybe Kazapalooza 2010 in Milwaukee??) A play date for the kids and a few adult bevvies together would be nice!! We could force our hubbies to socialize!!

We will be heading over in the next 6 months or so. Will be sure to let you know in advance (will be short notice tho')

Take care lovey.