Wednesday, September 23, 2009

How the years are passing by!!!!!

This is going to be a busy week for posting so better comment on the weekend just gone by!!! It must be over ten months since we got the first notification about our impending college reunion... At the time it seemed so far away and now it is over......I find that in recent years I tend to look forward to events/holidays with even more excitement and anticipation than the kids (must be Elena and her propensity for excitement rubbing off on me!!) or is it that I don't get out enough!!??!!
Anyway from almost the first I decided that when this night eventually rolled around that I would make a weekend of it.... whether that meant heading off on the Friday night with a good book for company or the company of likeminded friends I did not mind.....
Thankfully I have maintained good contact with a lot of people from college and while I may not be chatting or meeting with them regularly I still know that I can pick up the phone and take up where we left off last time we chatted....
So to say I was looking forward to the gettogether was an understatement......
Marie, Kathryn and I spent a lovely Friday night chatting, catching up and reminiscing over a leisurely Italian meal....
The following evening was spent catching up with old friends, checking out to see who was still looking good and who had aged!!!!!!!! Just kidding!
It was a pity that noone thought to organise a group photo so these will have to do....
Máire, myself and Marie....
Now, I have really dated myself haven't I???!!! Someone had brought this photo and I took a photo of it..... Don't today's teenagers look so well in comparison..... but... we were happy!!!!!!! Darrelle, unkindly(!) and honestly told me 'You look awful Mum' - ' You look much better now'!!! Did not know whether I was being insulted or complimented!!!!
The church where I was part of the choir for the 3 years I was in college....
Do any of you Irish folks recognise this face??
Michelle & Annette
Michelle was adamant up until the 11th hour that she was not going... and while chatting to us on the phone earlier in the evening she began to have second thoughts and turned up shortly after the mass and ended up having a better night than any of us...!!!!
Clare, myself & Máire
All us guys originally live within a 15 mile radius of each other but only met in college....
Time to be heading home.... After all we aren't getting any younger!!!!!!
You know what they say about old friends.......
Think it was about 5.30 am when we were getting to bed....
Found a nice place for breakfast the next morning as we had not risen in time to get breakfast in the hotel.... On strolling round the college the next day nothing has changed.....although there is a major refurbishment planned for the college in the next few years....

It was a great weekend and we are still trying to replenish our energy stores... On a negative note the food on the night was on a par with what they served us up 'in days gone by'!!!! No improvement there!!!!
On a positive note it was soo nice to meet with people that we don't get to see as often as we would like to due to our busy lives and I think we all came away with plans to arrange our own mini gettogethers more frequently....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must say you are all looking very well - hiding the years. Honor still looks the same!

Anonymous said...

And it's 47 yrs since the first of Albie & Eileen's brood arrived in London Ontario. Sounds like Maureen and Clan are suffering from the flu but on the mend, plus very sad about poor Ruby. How's all the C....... Clan? Nothing strange here. All are well. We said goodbye to Ancel yesterday. Nice having him around, he's fairly easy going and independent. Anyway keep up the bloggin'
Will see you all in a month or so. Will be in touch with Dec about a gluaistean soon.
Slan, Alf.

Anonymous said...

Well done Adrienne, first to send photos. Thanks! Have mine on laptop but thats as far as I got. Yes it was a great night, would hate to have missed it. Was glad to be on leave Monday morning.We got to Josephines about 8. Stopped in Athlone.

Will send photos in near future
Take Care,
Maria

Anonymous said...

Hi Adrienne, A very big thank you for sending those fab photos of the reunion. Everyone looks so well. You looked stunning altogether. Glad ye all enjoyed it so much. I'm still not sorry I didn't go but really enjoyed all the news I got from it. Talk to you soon. Catherine xxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Adrienne

Looking forward to seeing more photos. Is it nearly Friday?!!!!!

Xxx Honor

Anonymous said...

Hi Adrienne,

Enjoyed looking at the photos- ye all look great, haven't aged a day. Adrienne well done on the weight loss !
You look great ~ nothing like a class reunion!!

Lu