Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Birthday ~ GAA ~ 125 years old

Happy Girl going to school..

Elena loves anything different.... This morning she was so happy because they got to go in without their school uniforms.... Today she gets to wear a GAA jersey... Today the GAA (Gaelic Athletics Association) celebrates its 125th birthday and lots of schools planned to mark the day by planning related activities with their pupils...
She made sure to bring her hurdle and hurling helmet in the conviction that they would be playing hurling at school today.... hope nobody gets in the way of that untrained swing!!!:))
Elena and her friend Aisha ready for action....
Posted by Picasa
Thank you Michael Cusack for making Elena's day!!

Author's Note! Note I made no comment re the GAA and its loyal band of supporters and the long-suffering wives who must learn the lesson 'If you can't beat 'em join 'em.'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, Elena looks so much like Grace in the first pic! Is her hair getting darker?
Grace had a million questions, about where was she, why the helmet,

and the comment,, wow, elena is big already??!! too funny

give her hugs for us

Adrienne said...

Hi Diane & Gracie
I never thought Elena & Gracie looked alike until the evening last October when you and I were chattiing and watching them play together in the pool of the Polynesian Hotel and I suddenly could see the similarites.... lovely to see those Kazakh traits in both of them...
Well, her hair is quite dark and probably is getting darker... but is still a brown not unlke Darrelle's... We cannot believe how straight it is since she got it cut... and she is continually asked 'Where are all your curls?'...

Tell Gracie Elena was just about to go into school... and hoping for 'a clash of the ash'... in other words hoping to get to play hurling in school for the first time... Hurling, (Ireland's national game' I am pretty sure is supposed to be the fastest game in the world and where we live is a big hurling county... The wearing of helmets for children is mandatory ... just in case they knock the heads of each other!!!!

Regards
Ad

keoghclan said...

Hi there.

Hope all is well. Back from home - OMG it rained straight for the 7 days!! - well except for the day we went to Galway to see the outlaws (but I wont admit that as my husband always tells me the weather is betterin Galway)

I did text you before I left here but not sure if you got it?

Take care.

Mary

PS Getting ready for Kazapalooza - any chance you can make it :-)