Elena shows off her classroom......
These are the signs of autumn!
This is where I sit and do my work....
A Picture of Me!!!
My Handprint!
My Fingerprint!!
My fear grinn (clown) is hanging up here......
Bridjoe is observing all in the background...
Can you find my painting???
On Saturday Elena was excited to show me her classroom and I was excited to scout around after her and check out the walls of the classroom and the school corridors to see if I could get any ideas in art for my art lessons in school... !!! Us dedicated teachers are never really off duty!!! even those of us who only work parttime!!!
Elena is in her second year of school and just like last year she is loving every minute of it - She was so lucky last year with her junior infant teacher and likewise has another wonderful teacher this year... The Gaelscoil has a principal second to none (except for you Dad!) and the kids all really like and respect him. This is his third year in the school and I hope he is here to stay, well at least till my guys get through the system. The downside is that Elena is in a very big class ~ there are 37/38 pupils in her class where the average class size in the school is 25 or so. Darrelle had 24 in her class up along. Maybe this will ensure that they get a really good teacher every year!! So far so good....

4 comments:
I received an email with a link to your blog from Google, I've signed up to Google Alerts with keywords such as "Gaelscoil". Therefore I am made aware of online articles and blogs, with gaelscoil in the text.
I work for Gaelscoileanna, the national coordinating body for Irish-medium education. We would like, with your permission, to upload a link to this blog article under our media coverage section, http://www.gaelscoileanna.ie/index.php?page=poibliocht&lang=en ?
I was taking a peak at your blog today and noticed all these signs by Elena's classroom with Gaelic language.....do you guys really speak that in your county? Then I was thinking....am I going to be able to understand your children? That is great that your schools are preserving your native language (or it is a second language). Looks like no other language I have seen...more like german mixed with french....
Sandy...
Adrienne - Hi! It is Friday morning and I am sitting having my morning cuppa catching up on your blog!! I work Tuesday to Thursday so today I am home with Orinoko. I managed to convince Dave to bring Ash to school so I could continue to read your blog :-) Wow, your kids are dotes. Alex is no more baby and what a handsome little fella. He seems to have caught up on size? (I know that was a worry you and I shared, Orin was only 13 lbs at 12 months of age) The photos of Elena in school made me smile and homesick all in one. The leithreas with the cailin and buachaill......God I remember primary school!! Elena is a real eye catcher, you can see her personality in her photos (and she looks to have lots of personality) Our Ash was beside me before going to school and saw the Irish words, proud of her she recognized them!! She does Irish camp for a week every summer here with other kids of Irish heritage, they teach them songs, words, dance, cooking etc., It is great fun for them and one of the highlights of summer.
When I first started reading your blog I went back to your posts before Kaz - your eldest girl ( I am so sorry I have forgotten her name - sorry!) gosh what a difference in the couple of years, no more little girl, but now a lovely, confident, near teenager in secondary school. Adrienne where does the time go? Your daughter seems to be adjusting to secondary school - I am impressed with the maturity she is expressing her doubts/feelings.
Sounds like you lads are heading over to the states soon? Have fun girl, we hope to do Disney one day (when I have more energy....I swear Orin has done me in!! - his nickname is the Kazmanian devil!!) Enjoy your reunion with Elena's friend from the BH. We have been blessed the last two years to have reunions with other families we met in Almaty in 2006....great fun.
There is a big weekend next year in June in Nashville - it is a get together for all families who have adopted from Kaz. We are trying to convince some of the families we know to go........interested?
Take care and thank you for making my morning (so far, now have to start cleaning!!) so enjoyable.
Mary
Good morning to the Colleran Clan, Hi Adrienne I have been going through your blog and have enjoyed it very much, I love the pics and especially the one of the whiskey cake (only kidding !!) Little Alex looks so grown up, Elena looks like she could hit hollywood and the gorgeous Darelle well what can I say..Oh yeah you look good too Declan, Áine, Alex & David
Post a Comment