I love Saturdays....Thankfully Alex is a good sleeper and is content to play in the cot for a while after he does wake... We are in no hurry to make the transition to a bed for this little guy... Elena likes to watch TV while Darrelle and I catch up on sleep... And so Declan is the only one to work on a Saturday!!
Every few months a get~to~gether is organised in Elena's school for two hours on a Saturday morning to allow parents (of the three junior classes) and kids to meet in an informal setting. They get to play games, listen to a story, learn a new song (being an infant teacher I think I know them all at this stage!!!) and do some art before refreshments are served. I try to bring Elena if we are around and of course Alex is always game to give it a go also....

Painting Hallowe'en Cards!

This is Elena Colleran with her friend Elena Sanz. About a month after Elena arrived home from Kaz I had her at the clinic for a weigh in. As she was soo tiny they were anxious to monitor her weight and length. While we were waiting to be seen Elena was cruising round checking out the place. She was being watched very carefully by a woman with babe in arms and a toddler. Eventually she asked me how old was she. I told her 13 months and she said 'Thank God - I was beginning to think my child was waaay behind..' Her little girl was 11 months old and she was looking at our Elena and thinking she was only about 8 months old, a very advanced eight month old!! We started making small talk, the usual and when she heard me call Elena by her name she said 'OMG, my baby is called Elena also'. She said her husband is Spanish and they had called their daughter Elena as they reckoned they would not come across any other Elena in Ireland.. Well these two Elena's ended up in preschool together and are now in the same class and the best of friends... Elena Colleran made her Hallowe'en card for Elena Sanz and likewise Elena Sanz wrote her card for Elena Colleran. When Elena started school last year she went through a stage of thinking her name was Elena C as this is what she was called in school to distinguish her from the other Elena!!

Alex workiing on his preschool skills!

This cutting lark takes a lot of concentration!!!

I'll go back to the painting... waaay easier....
No comments:
Post a Comment